Thursday, April 26, 2012

Whats on my mind

So for this entry we are supposed to speak about whats on our mind...

I have one simple answer...  Girls

The most confusing, perfect, awkward, funny, annoying, cute, etc... species on the planet.

I'll start by letting everyone know my girlfriend-ish thing (don't really know what to call it because we were never facebook official) broke up about a month and a half ago.  This is not going to be a post about how I hate her or girls in general, I actually am still very good friends with her.  Anyways, so I've been plunged into the world of being single.  What a chaotic mess!  Who would have thought speaking to the opposite sex would be so hard... but it is!!!  There are so many rules yet none of them are ever clearly defined.  You shouldn't say that, doing this is unattractive, how do I look... millions of things are running through my head daily.

At first I was terribly lost, I felt so uncomfortable just going up and talking to a girl.  After all this is what adults do, you have conversations, yet for some reason I constantly felt like I was going to screw up and I haven't even said a word yet.  That's phase one...phase two, when I finally had enough confidence to have a conversation, you have to figure out what you are going to talk about!!  I like to think I have a good personality but how do I show it just by speaking.  There are some guys out there that are just naturally gifted at speaking to girls... I am not.

The third thing you have to ask yourself is what are you looking for?  What qualities are you interested in?  You must learn from past relationships because if you don't your just going to be like an ipod stuck on repeat.  What worked, what didn't work?  Once you figure out what your looking for its time to search for those qualities in someone else.  And let me just say its never the first one.  Everyone thinks they are sooooo in love.  You haven't really even met the person yet.

So I finally got some courage and ended up meeting some really nice girls.  However, the most important trait that everyone woman is looking for is confidence.  You'll have your low points where you feel like you cant do anything right but that's when you need to take a step back.  You are who you are for a reason, don't let anything change that.  In the end I still may never fully understand girls, I'm slowly getting somewhere but I still have trouble.

Work in progress...

Finally I will leave you with a song that has been stuck in my head all day... love it...