Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Battle: Twitter vs. Facebook


This is a battle that up until recently has been mostly dominated by facebook.  I will say in high school I used facebook a lot more then twitter.  In fact my first tweet was not until college even though I had an account when they first created twitter. 









TWITTER: 

Why do you use it? 

             Its a simple answer really... because its awesome.  This is a place where you can interact with anyone you can possibly think of, family, friends, and even celebrities.  I joined it originally so that I could follow some of my favorite sports athletes.  Then my friends began making accounts so I began connecting with them.  Now, twitter is like one really big running joke, everyone tweets funny things they're doing, seeing, or hearing.  An interactive world that is far more simple then facebook. 

What makes it functional for your use?  

Its simple layout makes it superior.  The concept is simple, you are given 140 characters to tell the world how your feeling.  You wouldn't believe how much can be said in that amount of characters.  Sometimes people can even get in some trouble for tweeting, sports celebrities can probably vouch for that.    

What would you add to make it better? 

Honestly, it does not need much, the only problem I have with it, is that its somewhat hard to find people.  The search function is not that strong yet.

Is there anything that you don’t like about it? 

 No.  

How is it collaborative? 

 Extremely collaborative, you can follow anyone you want.




FACEBOOK:



Why did you stop using it/why do you use this site less frequently than the other?  

 Facebook has become too clunky.  There's tons of people posting stuff that I really could just care less about.  I used to love facebook but like everything I think it just got old for me.  I just lost interest.   Now I really just use it to find people.

What makes it different?  

Its unfortunate because I used to love how simple facebook was... It has become way to complex, timeline, chat...blah blah blah things just keep popping up.  I'm getting notifications about saving people in Africa and then the next day I get an invite to a party in florida... just too much crap.

What could be changed about this site in order to make it better?  

In all honesty, I think facebook has plateaued a while ago, its now entering a stage where its not going to go up or down, its just there, it exists.  What I believe they can do to fix it is clean up all the crap.  Go back to the simplistic facebook, that's why twitter has got me hooked.  


Would you consider going back and using it again ever or are you done-zo?

Im still using facebook but its rare, most of the time like I said is to look someone up. 



WINNER:      TWITTER