Thursday, March 29, 2012

About Me

HEY GUYS!!!

Welcome to my blog, created for my MDIA 470 class.  

First lets talk about me... Im a Junior at Ohio University studying video production and minoring in business.  I came here somewhat on a whim and now I am extremely happy with my decision after knowing very little about this school.  I play lacrosse here, in fact I am now the president of the team so thats cool.  And I like to DJ on the weekends, i've been doing that since freshman year.  I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and went to school at Shady Side Academy, but boy am I glad to be done with high-school.

This is me!!!


 
Why did you pick this class?

Well I picked this class for a number of reasons.  One, I needed another MDIA class to fulfill my requirements. Two, because I am also studying business this class, out of all the options, seemed the most interesting and pertinent to the field I want to go into.  What do I want to get out of this class?  A lot really...  I want to be able to better manage my online social sites as well as increase my appeal to employers online.  So much of getting job today is about how you market yourself.  You are the product, its time to start acting like one.  How can I look better then the rest and better yet how can I gain followers through online social sites.  I started a website my freshman year called gotnewmusic.com  Did all the design, all the posts, but the only problem was I did not know how to properly expose my product and never really gained much popularity.  Im hoping this class can help me find better and more efficient ways in doing this.  Overall, my hopes for this class are high.  It is already something im interested in, now its time to learn and apply. 

Very excited!

To finish I leave you this.  Terrible how money changes minds....